Freitag, 26. Oktober 2012

Blogger´s Quilt Festival Fall 2012 - Like mother like daughter

 Welcome everybody over from Amy´s site, and welcome of course to my regular visitors. Once again it is festival time, and I´d like to share with you something I´ve made. 
This time it is actually two quilts, two real cheapy quickies - blocks sewn in one day for each quilt, blocks put together for both quilts in one day, both quilts sandwiched in one day, binding for each one one day, quilting for each in one day (though to be honest, one isn´t finished yet because I haven´t made my mind up yet about the quilting pattern).

And cheap? Oh yes! I have always loved Amy Butler fabrics but never had a clue as to what to do with them. I admired quilts that used them but they are just so - well, I guess not me, neither the patterns nor the colours, but I just love their opulence. So, when I ran into a pack of three jelly rolls, 99 strips in all, in a factory outlet, for a mere 13 Euros, I bought them. The same outlet provided me with the quilt backs, 8 Euros each. For a long time I did not know what to do with them and spent a lot of time surfing the internet. I knew that I did not want to buy extra fabric. I found this tutorial, and it was perfect for the fabrics. And what´s more, my daughter liked the result (even though there were flowers and girly colours - not her thing at all). 
I made two versions of the quilt, one totally without planning, one a bit more organized. Anjie´s quilt has a flannel back, and she asked me not to do too much quilting, because of the cuddliness factor. 


Both quilts measure 110 x 170 cm. Thanks for dropping by, thanks to Amy for hosting again this wonderful event, and make sure to visit all the other blogs and see fantastic quilts!

Kommentare:

Carla hat gesagt…

The fabrics are beautiful. Congrats of 2 finishes!

Amanda hat gesagt…

Looks great. I'm with you on Amy Butler, not really the style I use but I love it anyway. Those quilts look great.

Tina hat gesagt…

Wonderful quilts, you did such a great job with both of them. Way to go to get two quilt done!

quilthexle hat gesagt…

Oh, die sind schön - alle beide ! Und bei dem Preis für die Jelly Rolls hätte ich auch zugeschlagen ;-))

Rachaeldaisy hat gesagt…

Such beautiful bright happy quilts!!! I love the simple pattern to show off the busy fabrics. Beautiful!!

Bea hat gesagt…

hihi, als Nichtquilter hab ich diese Rollen angeguckt und gedacht, dass die aber ganz schön viel Geld für Abfallstücke haben möchten ;)

Du hast den "Abfall" aber richtig gut verwertet.

Grüßle, die Bea

CitricSugar hat gesagt…

Beautiful!

And congrats on finding such great bargains!

Nikki hat gesagt…

So beautiful!

Sunshine Girl hat gesagt…

They are both great and good bargains too! I too seem to buy fabrics and then spend ages trying to figure out what to do with them! Thanks for sharing. #263

Heidi Grohs hat gesagt…

2 for 1!! Awesome. I think Amy Butler is hard to quilt with and you did it well!!!!

Shay hat gesagt…

Im a huge fan of a lot of colour in quilts and these certainly fit the bill. You managed to make those fabrics sing! Great finishes.

Rene' hat gesagt…

I love Amy Butler fabrics. Lucky you to find such a bargain. Great quilts.

Lily hat gesagt…

I love Amy Butler too, and have many of her fabrics in my stash, but have never done anything with them! These are really pretty and what a bargain!!

Lily hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Lily hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Lily hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Lily hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Lily hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Judy Ehmer hat gesagt…

And they are beautiful!

pest inspection sydney hat gesagt…

There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made certain good points in features also.

----------------------------
termite control sydney | termite treatment sydney | cockroach control sydney